Designing an African Mask - Step 8
Adapting your mask design - 1
- Using different combinations of colored cards will affect the mood of the mask.
- Color has a strong effect on our emotional response and it may also be used symbolically.
- Two tones of green have been used on this mask to suggest the color of the forest.
Adapting your mask design - 2
- Use different techniques to change the effect of your design.
- Sheets of card could be sprayed with colored inks at the start of the project.
- This technique will create a more ephemeral effect of changing light and color.
Adapting your mask design - 3
- Contrasts of pattern, texture and color can be used to increase the expressive power of your mask.
- Experiment with different combinations to see if you can improve the impact of your mask design.